ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Life as an 8 month old

I am 3/4 of the way through my first year of life, (amazing math skills you say? My parents were math teachers, what do you expect?) We were gone just about every weekend this month. Exhausting!
One weekend, we went to San Antonio for Mike and Ginger's wedding. That was pretty fun because I met so many nice people! Everything I did, they just laughed and smiled. Mommy and Daddy think I'm quite the charmer! We didn't see Daddy much because he was doing his Bestly Manly duties. It was fun to hang out with Mommy though. I got to see Nick and Brooke Wesson again, they're funny. Mike's family loved on me so much! His uncle walked around and rocked me almost the entire reception.
The day after the wedding, we went to Kerrville for Hadleigh and Isaac's adoption shower. There were so many people, that I didn't really get to play with them as much as I would have liked and didn't get to spend as much time with Aunt Jenn either. Maybe next time. The shower was beautiful and fun though! Mommy was a hostess, so I got to spend all that time with Daddy, which made up for missing him that weekend.
My parents also celebrated their 6th anniversary that Sunday, but since we were so busy, we all celebrated the next day. Daddy took off work, we went to a dollar movie and out to eat (thanks G.G. for the funds to do so). My parents are such nerds! They said they didn't have enough money to buy each other gifts, so we went to the dollar store and they bought 5 dollars worth of stuff for each other. Of course, they picked out their own stuff and half of it was for me. Mom got a mini dust pan and broom to put in my backpack for all the messes I make in public.
We went to Wharton and I got to see some of my family, that was fun! You all saw my Halloween post, so I won't go over that again, but it was awesome!!!
The next day, Jason and Angie offered to baby-sit me so mommy and daddy could go on a date night. We had so much fun! I then of course, let them know that a baby is not all fun and giggles by throwing a large fit, soaking a few diapers, and blowing snot bubbles on uncle Jason's shirt.
We launched Daddy's project boat the next day, and I had so much fun throwing rocks into the canal from the dock. Uncle Jason says I'm going to be a boat captain someday because I liked watching the motor so much. Mommy said more like a pirate.
Lows of the Month:
1) I have been sick for over 3 weeks now. Just when we thought I was better, I got worse! Antibiotics...again!
2) I went to a baby nursery for the first time (this would be a low for mommy, not necessarily me). Mommy taught Kindermusik at a church day care one morning and I went to the nursery.
3) I have thrown up a few times this last week. GROSS!
4) My parents don't put on the Wiggles for me every night anymore. Only some nights.
Highs of this month:
1) I now sing with music (and Mommy)
2) I crawl so fast, mommy and daddy can't find me.
3) I stood on my own the day before I turned 9 months old
4) I know what I want, when I want it...Mommy and Daddy call it "strong will"

I'm finally starting to have a routine, sorta (you do know my parents, right...not such routine people). I wake up around 10 in the morning, kiss mommy and puppies good morning (daddy's at work), Mommy reads to me after breakfast, play, we go for a jog, I take a nap, eat lunch, play (lots), pull Benji's tail, do something with mommy around the house in my carrier (laundry, floors, dishes, etc.), nap (usually mommy is teaching piano), snack, play with Daddy, dinner, play (I love to push the piano pedals up and down for long periods of time), torment Benji, watch Wiggles (sometimes), bath, eat, bed. That's it in a nutshell. I'm in the BEST mood when I wake up.
Here were my measurements from my 9 month check up: 28 in. long (65th percentile), 18lbs. (42nd percentile). I'm ready for yogurt and cheese now. Mommy says once I go cheese, I'll never go back!
Love to everyone,
Kya

1 comment:

Cowan Clan said...

He he, you and your momma are so funny! It' so tough when you're a parent and you finally have some cash to not spend it on the baby :) 9 months already! Feels like Zia was just 9 months a month ago :(